This coast has everything. 20-30kn winds today. It is great sailing just now but we have another stretch of 30kn about midnight, if the forecast is accurate. The problem now is not to get into St Francis before dawn. But if we do then I guess we can anchor outside until a more civilized hour when we can raise the harbour master.
The crew (who shall remain nameless) decided to seek better winds offshore but were eventually persuaded it was better to head for St Francis than the Southern Ocean, even if the angle was not so good.